- Created on Tuesday, 06 January 2009 20:08
The content layouts of the original Global News module allowed you to show the title, an intro text, the resized first image and the "Read More" link to your articles in different optional ways.
One of the first requests we granted was to include the article's date, which didn't take any big change to the code, but as another interesting feature was lately suggested, such as showing the number of comments from a particular component, we found it was getting more complicated to offer the most possible outputs as the module was conceived.
That's why we have decided now to leave the content output up to you with a new HTML supported textarea where you can customize and decide where to display every single element you need from simple blog posts to games online sites, using the following special codes:
- GN_title: it calls the article's (linkable) title.
- GN_image: renders the resizable first image found. You can choose "left" or "right" align from the params.
- GN_date: the article's created or modified date, according to your preference.
- GN_text: the shortened intro (& full) text.
- GN_readmore: the custom "Read More..." link.
- GN_comments: the also linkable comments information. It requieres you to specify the comments database table and the name of it's `article id` column. It has been tested only with !JommlaComment (#__comment, contentid) and JomComment (#__jomcomment, contentid).
Except for GN_image, all these elements come with no HTML tags so you can use your own, for example: