- Created on Tuesday, 20 April 2010 06:00
We are proud to announce the release of the new version of Xmap - The sitemap generator for Joomla!. This version fixes some small errors from the previous one, updates some extensions, adds new functionality and introduces four new extensions.
Xmap 1.2.7 comes with 30 pre-installed extensions so you don't have to download and install all the ones you need. Four of those extensions are new on this release.
Two new features for Joomla's Content component are included. First, it is possible now to indicate whenever you want to include the article's page breaks in your sitemap and, second, there is also the possibility to include the article's images into the XML sitemap (Google sitemap) as documented on this page. Please note that enabling any of these two settings will increase the time for Xmap to generate your site map because it needs to parse each article's content in order to look for it's images or page beaks. If you have a big site with many, many articles it is recommended to disable those settings if you notice any trouble.
The new extensions are for the following components::
- Joomla's Web Links component
- CMS Shop Builder
The main fixes are:
- Fixed a bug with some menu aliases that were not included in the sitemap
- Better integration with M17n component
- Fixed some bugs in JDownloads extension
- XmapLink Plugin: Fixed bug: Menus being empty when special chars were found in any menu item
- Fixed some bugs on MyBlog extension and added the option to exclude the bloggers list
- SOBI2 extension now takes the correct last modified date for each entry
- JoomGallery extension: Fixed priority and Change frequency of "-1"
- ...and some other minor fixes.
As always, we want to thank everyone who has helped to make Xmap better every day and we want to invite you to report any problem or suggest a new feature through our forum